Watch this Podcast episode
Listen to this Podcast episode
In this podcast host Raamon Newman speaks to Paul Taylor a former British Royal Navy Aircrew Officer. He is a Neuroscientist, Exercise Physiologist and Nutritionist who is currently completing a PhD in Applied Psychology, where he is developing and testing resilience strategies with the Australian Defence Science Technology Group & The University of Tasmania.
In 2010 Paul created and co-hosted the Channel ONE HD TV series Body and Brain Overhaul and in 2010 and 2015, he was voted Australian Fitness Industry presenter of the year.
Along with his extensive background in health and fitness, Paul has a proven track record in leadership, management and dealing in high-pressure situations, through his former roles as an Airborne Anti-submarine Warfare Officer and a Helicopter Search-And-Rescue Crew Member with the Royal Navy Fleet Air Arm and has undergone rigorous Combat Survival and Resistance-to-Interrogation Training.
In 2012, he practiced what he preaches about resilience training and became a professional boxer.
Paul shares a lot about the inner mechanics of making decisions under pressure including:
- What causes people to lose it under pressure.
- Why over arousal of the amygdala is dangerous.
- How to condition your arousal response under pressure.
- The biology of what makes us stressed
- What happened in Will Smith’s brain that caused his response.
- The four keys to strengthening your strategic deciding.